Friday 5 May 2017

A touch of Pink

Last night I made a card with two challenges in mind....

First I was inspired by the Altenew Inspiration Challenge for May 2017

The waterlily is so pretty in the pinks.


I had made some watercolour paper while taking part in the Altenew Academy Stencil class, one I decided not to use as it was too pink for what I had in mind... but turned out perfect for this.  I stamped the main roses from Beautiful Day set in Ruby Red ink and then the next layer in Coral Berry.  I then took some Prismacolor pencils and added more pinks.  The buds are from Peony Bouquet set, also added to with the pencils.  The leaves are from the Beautiful Day set - some I had sitting in my scrap bowl from a project awhile back.  I added a touch of Bamboo ink stenciling (although my photo looks yellow it's very pretty in real life)   I finished with a sentiment from Beautiful Quotes stamped in Pure Graphite ink.  All the stamps, inks and the stencil are from Altenew.

And I'm adding it to the challenge at Simon Says Stamp....A Hint of Pink.
Plus the Creative With Stamps monthly challenge - Flowers
I have finished all my Altenew Academy homework so will share the last two cards in a day or so. 

10 comments:

Lin said...

There can never be too much pink! A pretty card for this month's challenge, Dawn!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous pink flowers Dawn, love this.

Greta said...

Love the quote & your gorgeous flowers, Dawn! I really need to start using my Altenew stamps--love when I see them in action!

Helen F. said...

Dawn, your card is stunning! Love those big beautiful blooms!
Thank you so much for joining us at Creative With Stamps for this month's Challenge!

Georgiana said...

Very pretty with those oversized flowers.

Dorlene Durham said...

I love pink and these flowers are gorgeous! I love them with your background. Very nice. Thanks for joining us on the CWS site. Dorlene DT CWS

Lilian said...

Beautiful! Love the flower and the background!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

lostinpaper said...

So beautiful, love how you have the subtle pattern in the background, it really makes the flowers pop!

Donna said...

Beautiful card and saying, I saw your card on Creative with stamps. Donna

Monika Reeck said...

Oh I am so in love with this flower and how you colored it
Great Background too
sweet sentiment I love it
and many thanks to playing along with us at Creative with Stamps dear Dawn
hugs
Monika