Wednesday 31 May 2017

B is for Beach ... plus some splatter cards...

My blogger friend Jo is one of the  Designers over at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.... and when I saw her card for this week's challenge (B for Beach)it took my fancy as I knew I had to perfect digi stamp to use.


My digi image and it's corresponding sentiment are from Bugaboo.  I combined the two onto one panel.  I coloured using Copic markers - so very basic colouring.  I made the PP that I used for my base layer.  I saw a technique over at Splitcoaststampers - to used waterbase inks - Altenew Warm Sunshine, Paper Bag and Distress ink  Fossilised Amber- spritz of water and a credit card!  I think that it makes a beautiful sandy looking background.   I added three drops of gold liquid pearls to finish off. 

Plus I have two cards I made on Sunday for the Hero Arts Flickr Group challenge.  My friend Kim in Western Australia, challenged us to use splatters on our projects.  I did two sessions... each about 50-55 mins


My first card used Hero Arts Brush Stroke  stamp set which has a few splatter stamps.  I used Neon inks.  The sentiment is the die from the Hello Stamp and die set with a sentiment from the set. 

And my second card is more elegant...


I stamped the Antique Rose stamp onto some watercolour paper and used some Derwent Inktense pencils to colour.  I then used some gold ink, green and red inks to splatter drops over my card.  I then used a big sentiment stamp to finish off.

Thanks for stopping by

8 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Oh Stella is wonderful in this digi and it is perfect for our challenge. Love your other cards too. Thanks for sharing at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers
Jane

Greta said...

You're in the zone, Dawn--wonderful cards! Wish I could use my Liquid Pearls like you did! I have 6 beautiful colors but they never end up looking that good, so there they sit. The beachy background is really neat looking--gotta check out that technique!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow! Three utterly fabulous cards Dawn. Love the neon splatters, so fun!! Beautiful colouring on the rose and Stella, oh my, she's such a hoot. Love your fabulous card. Hugs, Wends xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Dawn - all so very different too - I must say I had a giggle at the Stella one :-). Love the neon ink splatters on the second card, and the ever so gentle ink splatters on the third.
Blessings
Maxine

Dotty Jo said...

And your friend Jo LOVES your card, Dawn! Thanks so much for playing with The Sisterhood, Jo x

Monika Reeck said...

hahay always laugh with Stella image and the sentiment hehe makes me smile big hihi
and the graffiti card is coool for man and woma
the flower card so feminin love that splatter and coloring
great cards all Dawn

Majo said...

ROFL! Too funny! Thanks for getting beachy with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

Majo - DT ♥

Donna said...

Fab collection of creations!
Thanks for getting beachy with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!