Wednesday 10 May 2017

Stenciling homework Day 3 & 4

I enjoyed taking the Altenew Academy Stencil class and today I'm sharing my Day 3 and 4 homework

Day 3 was about using the stencil as a stamp.... ink it up, spritz with water and then stamp it onto your card stock


and Day 4, the class was Stencil Overlay.... Watercolour background and then sponged over the top with the stencil. 


I used a variety of pink and purple Altenew inks to make my watercolour piece, and then stenciled over with darker purple inks.  I CASE'd Laurel's sample card to do mine, changing up the colour and the flower and sentiment.  I white embossed the little floral onto the vellum and added colour on the back with Copic markers.

I MUST remember to keep using stencils.  Always makes a great background. 

The middle of the week is here, and I'm looking forward to a weekend away at the beach... time to relax and chill out.   Hope you all are looking forward to your weekend too..

6 comments:

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Very nice Dawn! I love using my stencils too - so versatile!

kareN stampZ said...

looks like you're having fun, they both look fab & different :)

Greta said...

What beautiful cards using those neat stencil techniques--love them, Dawn!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous Dawn. Two really lovely creations hun. I must have a go at stenciling one of these days. It's not something I've really explored! But I love it and your cards look so elegant. Hugs, Wends xoxo

creationsnz said...

Great technique, and super results. Loving that Hello card. CarolG

Monika Reeck said...

woow the sprits on the first card look so cooll Love the effect Dawn yaay and the second one so in love cause it is in purple
great card again Dawn
hugs
Monika