Monday 5 June 2017

Day 2 of my long weekend

NOTE: PHOTO HEAVY POST

Hi.  Day 2 of my long weekend was a continuation of Day 1... lots of crafting.  So here I go - hope you enjoy seeing my creating.


This one was made as I had shown my friend, Michael, what my Cuttlebug does.  I took the oval die cut and sponged it with some yellow ink.  The flower and leaves are from Altenew stamps.  And my sentiment is from a freebie set of sentiments and is embossed with Liquid Platinum powder.  The background panel is embossed with a folder.

Number 2 is still a work in progress... I think it needs a little something something to finish it.


I made the background with some pink and grey inks... using a technique I saw at Splitcoaststampers... using inks, water and a credit card.  I really like the result it gives.  I'm thinking I might add some silver embossed smaller stars on top of the black ones... not sure yet.

The next two cards both use the same stamp from Penny Black.
First one I made quickly to give to Maeve - a friend of our friends, who stayed Saturday with us at Mangawhai.


I used MISTI and a variety of inks and markers to stamp.  Add a little sentiment and it was done. - Adding this to the Anything Goes challenge at Penny Black and More

And for the second one I stamped the branch and flowers at a different aspect


I added a blue watercolour wash behind it.  I didn't use watercolour paper so the background pilled a bit and warped so I trimmed it down and used lots of double sided tape to hold it down on my base card.

This next one was a quick card I made with one of my colouring book pages that I had done two weeks ago while at Mangawhai.

And my final card for the day was a KISS card inspired by the "5" challenge at StampNation.


I used Altenew Halftone Circles and some stars together with Catherine Pooler inks.  Love the vibrancy of the colours.

So if you made it to the end....Thank You.... Hope you enjoyed seeing my creativity.


7 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

You certainly have been a busy girl, Dawn! Such beautiful cards, too! I love the bold bright colors you chose for the halftone circles and I love how you colored the blooms from your coloring book! I also love your take on the credit card technique...such a fun choice of stamps!

kiwimeskreations said...

I certainly did make it to the end Dawn- what a wonderful weekend you must have had!! Love the results
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

Oh dear so many lovely card
my fav Photo number 3 and 4 great water coloring and flowers looks like you painted it the last one wooooww its new ALTENEW Stamp and It will be in my wish list
so versatile stamp and it can be winner card ..
dont forget if you make card with Fruit..CWS has this month challenge with theme Fruit so happy if you join again
hugs
Monika

Greta said...

Oh wow--looks like you really had fun, Dawn! I especially love the ones using that gorgeous PB stamp--I need to use some of mine!

Chark said...

love these...that bright circle card is perfect for anyone!

brenda said...

A real host of super cards, each so different and adore the one with the OB Blossom (one of my current fav stamps), many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Daniela said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
x Daniela (DT)