Saturday 12 August 2017

Sending Hugs and kisses

A very CAS card today that was inspired by a FB live by Lydia Evans for Altenew.  It was a couple of weeks ago when Altenew had their summer sale on.  One of the cards Lydia made used the Watercolor Frames set and I just had to order it.  I was so inspired to CASE her card.  Well today the stamp arrived.  Added to that, I had ordered the yellow inks and they had arrived earlier this week.   I got some time this afternoon to play with them.


The watercolour frames where stamped in Limestone and Silverstone Grey inks.  The sentiment from Wishing You set was stamped in Pure Graphite.    I used Painted Flowers to make my roses.  I used the new yellows - Fresh Lemon and Honey Drizzle.   I used some of the Tropical Forest Green inks for the leaves.  The background leaves are from the Beautiful Day set.   I wasn't sure if I needed something more on the card, but love the simplicity of the card.

My poor hubby has had the 'flu this week.   He didn't have a cough or a runny nose but had the hot and cold shivers and feeling lethargic and headachy.   He really did get a bad bout.  Finally feeling a bit better.  Just hope he hasn't passed it on to me!

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your weekend and hope you get to be crafty

5 comments:

Betty said...

the painted flowers stamps are one of my favorite sets and you have done such a lovely creation with them - the frames in the light grey are perfect with them!

CinnamonSally said...

This is so pretty Dawn.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a striking card Dawn - love the simple elegance of the design and colours.
Do hope Hubby recovers quickly - it's a lousy 'flu this year - and that he has kept it to himself.
Blessings
Maxine

Brawny x said...

A gorgeous card Dawn x

Greta said...

Absolutely stunning, Dawn--one of my favorite cards! Sure hope your hubby is better soon & hoping you don't get it!